Sunday, July 09, 2006

Toe-riffic

I realize I haven’t been posting much and I don’t really know why. I’ve started teaching my summer class, which has forced my sleep schedule back to normal. So I guess there is an inverse relationship between my inability to sleep and my blog productivity.

But here are some random things that I can share.

First, my toenail has officially come off. It was looking pretty nasty and was starting to loosen. As a result, I soaked it in hot water and took matters into my own hands. It required a surprising amount of pulling and twisting and was almost as painful as it sounds. I stand by my theory, however, that doctors are overrated. Some guys can fix their own cars, I just mess with my flesh.

In other toe-related news and just as I had suspected, I am once again an accidental fashion icon. The New York Times recently ran an article about the emergence of flip-flops as the latest Hollywood trend. You can view the article here (registration required). But here is a quote:
"Suddenly, flip-flops -- those slabs of rubber with V-shaped slivers between the toes -- are ubiquitous in what were once dressed-up settings."
Finally, here are some recent arbitrary thoughts:

•So Ken Lay died of a heart attack. I can’t be the only one who was shocked to discover he actually had a heart.

•I wonder if they serve fish at Sea World.

•I don’t know exactly who this “middle man” is, but I’ve got to think he is getting tired of everyone trying to cut him out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home