Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thought Salad

I started this thing as a canvas for the random musings of my overactive mind. Today you get a collection of the various items I've been pondering this week. In other words, these are the things that keep me awake at night.

•Given recent election results in Nebraska, is it again safe to say Osborne can’t win the big one?

•Right now a producer in LA is probably being a pitched a movie version of One Day at a Time.

•Every time we accept words like "bling" or "crunk" into the general lexicon we make the rhyming part of a rapper’s job much, much easier.

•If Albert Pujols is passing drug tests, I wonder if the devil is enjoying his soul.

•If I were a homosexual mobster would I secretly feel validated by this season of The Sopranos?

•If I had a job could I show up only at playoff time like NBA players or do they really stress year round consistency?

•As a perennial graduate student can I really get away with telling the Real World/Road Rules Challenge "Veterans" to get a job already?

•If you’ve been in Houston for nine months are you really still technically an “evacuee”?

•At an Ice Cube concert isn’t Ice Cube himself the “creepy, way too old to be at a rap concert” guy?

•Song you’ll hate me for later for having stuck it in your head – “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”. Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, you have way too much time to ponder....I wish I had that much time to ponder. Gosh!

5/25/2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Jeffie Husker said...

What can I say? My overwhelming effeciency allows me plenty of time to contemplate the mysteries of life...or MTV's horrible afternoon programming offerings.

5/25/2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have a beer with Bill Scheff.

5/26/2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger Amy A said...

Lori (annonymous) be nice, Gosh!

And from the other peanut gallery (aka big sis) Please for love of psychology, give up caffeine and go to sleep!!!!!!!

Is a PhD really cheaper than therapy???

5/28/2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Jeffie Husker said...

Actually the anonymous on this comment was Lauren. Its nice to have such a supportive girlfriend. :)

5/30/2006 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home