Thursday, May 18, 2006

ABC Meme

Here it is, as seen at some point in most every blog I've read. I present the ABC meme:

Accent: Nope. I grew up in Nebraska. We invented the non-regional dialect. Although an angry lesbian in Florida once tried to convince me that I did indeed “talk funny”. She also said my spiky hair was “so 1995”. Touché, little lady, touché.
Booze: Don’t mind if I do. I like beer. Bud Light is my standby, but I also really enjoy Newcastle, Guinness and Stella. And yes I know that they call Stella, “Wifebeater” in Belgium. I live in America and besides I’m not particularly concerned with what my beer says about me here or abroad.
Chore I Hate: All of them. But getting an overstuffed trash bag out of my sturdy, slender, cylindrical trash can is surprisingly awkward and annoying.
Dog or Cat: I have assumed joint custody of Lauren’s dog Sam.
Essential Electronics: Laptop. iPod.
Favorite Cologne(s): What an odd question and one that I refuse to answer as all three readers of my blog might go purchase it causing us all to smell alike.
Gold or Silver: I prefer the look of silver, but I keep reading that the value of gold is reaching 30-year highs. So if you have precious metals that you are looking to handover, make mine gold please.
Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska.
Insomnia: Usually. Hence the blog.
Job Title: My family is laughing at this one. Professional student I guess.
Kids: No not yet.
Living arrangements: Well I suppose I more or less split time between my apartment and Lauren’s.
Most admirable trait: A professor once professed me to be both cavalier and glib. I’m sticking with those.
Number of sexual partners: Move along, nothing to see here.
Overnight hospital stays: Thankfully, no.
Phobias: No, not really.
Quote: “I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me.' Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss.’ Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.” – Homer Simpson
Religion: Really bad Catholic. But in case some kooky fundie is reading this, Jesus, Allah, Buddha ... I love you all!
Siblings: One older and one younger sister, if they still claim me.
Time I wake up: During the school year between 6 and 7. However, now that the scheduling gods have damned me to summer night classes it is much more lax and depends on my insomnia.
Unusual talent or skill: I used to be wicked smart at bar trivia. Oh and I have a pretty good ability to “cold read” girls (also useful at bars). Long story short, I can generally discover their “issues” in five questions or less.
Vegetable I refuse to eat: Most of them. Veggies have odd textures and cooking most of them seems to only worsen this.
Worst habit: Not keeping in touch with old friends and throwing off uncomfortable clothes immediately upon entering the house. The two are unrelated.
X-rays: Ankle, shoulder and most of my fingers.
Yummy foods I make: Is yummy really the best Y word they could come up with here? Anything I “cook” on a grill seems to be edible, the yum factor I suppose, is up to the consumer.
Zodiac sign: Capricorn, but I know nothing about astrology such as which moon is in my wheelhouse or which star is ascending, etc.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so much more informative than talking to you.

5/22/2006 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home